The International Renaissance Foundation announces the results of the “Promoting the integration of IDPs and the use of tools of local democracy at the community level.” call for proposals, which ran from March 27 to April 17, 2023 as part of the “European Renaissance of Ukraine” project.
The call was aimed to develop models of social integration of IDPs into life in new territorial communities (hromady), as well as active development and use of tools of local democracy.
Its purpose is to promote the integration of IDPs into life in their new territorial communities and support the active use of various forms of self-organization and local democracy in communities to ensure their stability and establish effective interaction.
The winners were 11 project proposals, the support of which became possible thanks to the cooperation of the Foundation with the European Union within the framework of the project “European Renaissance of Ukraine: a civil society initiative for Sustainability and Recovery”. Two more applications are awaiting a decision on the Board of the International Renaissance Foundation.
List of supported projects:
- NGO “Ambassadors of Education” – project “Integration of IDPs into life in the Lviv community: sustainability, efficiency, and tools of local democracy”;
- NGO “Social welfare center “Dobrochyn” – project “Local democracy and self-organization for sustainable integration of IDPs”;
- NGO “Public Initiative of Luhansk Region” – project “Effective recipes for promoting the integration of IDPs in the territory of the Khmelnytskyi Territorial Community: let’s create together!”;
- NGO “Nova Druzhkivka” – “Interaction for the development of local democracy” project;
- NGO “Accelerator of social projects “Idea generator”: Increasing the level of participation of IDPs and active residents of Odesa”;
- NGO “Association “Revival and Development” – project “Cherkashchyna unites: self-organization of IDPs for recovery and development of host communities”;
- NGO “Black Sea Center for Political and Social Research” – project “Promoting social integration of IDPs in communities of Kherson region”;
- NGO “Volyn Institute of Law” – project “Implementation of systemic practices of social interaction at the level of local communities in Volyn”;
- NGO “Civil Society Development Forum” – project “IDPs integrate into communities (Poltava Region)”;
- NGO “Centre of Public Advocacy” – the project “Promoting the integration and adaptation of IDPs of the Zolotnykiv community of Ternopil region by strengthening interaction and using mechanisms of public participation”;
- NGO “Odesa Institute of Social Technologies” – project “Institutionalization of processes of adaptation of IDPs in communities through local democracy”.
The decision to support or reject the following projects will be made after their additional consideration by the Board of the International Renaissance Foundation:
- NGO “Mykolaiv City Development Fund” – project Integration of internally displaced persons into the lives of Berezanska, Voznesenska and Koblivska TG
- NGO “Access Point” – project “Partnership for equal opportunities: cooperation with the community for the integration of IDPs”
In 2023, the International Renaissance Foundation (IRF), with the financial support of the EU, launched the project “European Renaissance of Ukraine: a civil society initiative for Sustainability and Recovery”. This project aims to strengthen the contribution of Ukrainian civil society to the political dialogue regarding EU integration and the restoration of Ukraine.
The International Renaissance Foundation has been a Framework Partner of the European Union in Ukraine since December 2019.
#MovingForwardTogether to victory!