Call for participation in the Kyiv Legal Empowerment Practical Program -2019
Ukrainian Access to Justice School of Practice gladly announces call for participation in the Kyiv Legal Empowerment Practical Program -2019, which will be held in Kyiv (Ukraine) from September 13 to 18, 2019.
The Program is 5 intensive days of exchanging experience with teams from different countries. It is a search and pilot of viable and human-oriented solutions in the field of access to justice in accordance with national contexts. It is orientation to your inquiry and system problem solving.
We offer unique innovative approach to training and further support. During the five days, experts-curators will be with you to help and to advise. You will be able both to present the national experience, and to see from within, as how access to justice is ensured in Ukraine.
As a Program participant, you will get a practical solution for increasing (and improving quality) access to justice level in your country / region / community. You will receive ongoing support, expert support of the program after training, as well as a platform for the exchange of experience with colleagues.
Advantages for national teams:
- The possibility of developing practical solutions for expanding (and improving quality) access to justice
- Strengthening of intersectoral interaction (state, public, private sectors), improving coordination and communication at the national level
- Innovative design of the Program for generating ideas and developing of non-standard decisions
- End-to-end expert support in developing and piloting solutions for expanding (and improving quality) access to justice;
- An opportunity to become part of the international community of access to justice practitioners.
Who can participate?
We invite national teams that include representatives of institutions and communities working in the field of access to justice, namely:
- Representatives of vulnerable and marginalized communities
- Leaders of local communities (municipalities, local government, etc.)
- State and non-state legal aid providers
- Representatives of Ministries and State Agencies
- Other interested parties.
How to participate?
Selection for training is carried out on a competitive basis. Participation in the competition involves three stages:
1) Till July 3, 2019 it is necessary to submit the application for participation. You can apply via the link: https://urlzs.com/9mDu2
2) Each applicant will be informed about the result of the application on July 5.
3) Until July 9, 2019, it is necessary to determine the composition of the national team. The team should consist of at least 4 representatives from different sectors in the field of access to justice. You will receive a list of all the representatives of your country or region and choose the composition of your team yourself.
4) In the period up to July 18, 2019 there will be a team video interview with the organizers of training. All representatives of your national team should take part in the interview. You will receive detailed instructions on how to pass a video interview, it is not difficult.
You will be notified by email of a selection committee decision. Five teams from different countries will be selected. In the event of a positive decision on participation of your team, the organizers will be in constant contact with you in order to provide the most useful filling of the Program for you.
The organizers provide accommodation, meals for the teams and transportation costs for study visits in Ukraine within the framework of the program. In some cases, the organizers can provide travel teams to Kiev and back, it can be decided individually.
The working languages of the Program will be chosen in accordance with the composition of the participating countries. The basic language of the program is English. The options are: Ukrainian, Russian, Spanish and French. If among the listed languages there is no one that you could use as a worker, report it, the organizers provide an opportunity for your interpreter to stay during the training.
For more information, please contact the Program's email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you in Kyiv!comments powered by Disqus
19 December 2018
The Financial Times has named known philanthropist and founder of the...
11 December 2018
More than 200 teachers, school principals, digital technology experts,...
10 December 2018
Oleg Sentsov, a Ukrainian film director, screenwriter and writer, unfairly...
05 December 2018
A study presented on the role of the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s officer at pre-trial stage
39% of prosecutors, surveyed within the framework of the study "The role of a...