Information technology has a high potential for change for the justice system. Innovations in law can simplify access to legal services, become an additional factor in building trust, create tools for accountability of law enforcement agencies and the justice system to society.
This call for proposals provides support to civil society organizations for the protection of human rights in the context of the spread of digital technologies.
Here are ten winners:
- Ukrainian Legal Aid Foundation. Project: Support for the introduction of technological innovations in criminal justice.
- All-Ukrainian Association of Local Self-Government Bodies “Association of Ukrainian Cities”. Project: Strengthening the institutional capacity of local governments to protect personal data.
- NGO “Center for Political and Legal Reforms”. Project: Support for the online discussion platform “JustTalk”
- Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union. Project: Protection of privacy as a basic element of digital rights development in Ukraine.
- NGO “Real Stories Production”. Project: Introduction of innovative approaches for communication, interaction and accountability of criminal justice bodies.
- NGO “Internews-Ukraine”. Project: “Transparent reporting” in the field of telecommunications: to protect the privacy of Ukrainian users.
- NGO “MINZMIN”. Project: The only educational platform for digital rights and child safety.
- NGO “Association of Ukrainian Monitors of Human Rights in the Activities of Law Enforcement Bodies”. Project: Ensuring the protection of personal data in the activities of local governments.
- NGO “Kharkiv Human Rights Group”. Project: Protection of communications and information privacy in Ukraine based on international standards.
- NGO “Institute of Innovative Governance”. Project: Digital Rights or Public Health: Raising awareness of digital rights during the COVID-19 pandemic in Ukraine, taking into account EU best practices.
The call for proposals was held within the EU4USociety project in cooperation with the European Union.