The International Renaissance Foundation announces the results of the “Promoting Ukraine’s participation in the European Green Deal” call for proposals.
The aim of the call for proposals is to strengthen the role, voice and capacity of civil society in promoting the harmonization of environmental, economic and other sectoral policies of Ukraine with the European Green Deal.
Thanks to the cooperation of the Foundation with the European Union in the framework of the “EU4USociety” project, 9 organizations will implement the following projects in 2021:
- Project: “Facilitating Ukraine’s transition to “green” energy”, NGO “Renewable Energy Agency”
- Project: “Ukrainian greenway from farm to fork: step by step”, NGO “Information Center “Green Dossier”
- Project “Decarbonization of transport for Ukrainian cities”, NGO “Center for ecological initiatives “Ecodiya”
- Project: “European Green Deal in Ukraine: from strategies to concrete actions”, Resource and Analysis Center “Society and Environment”
- Project: “Preservation of virgin forests to slow down climate change and support community development”, NGO “Danube-Carpathian Programme”
- Project: “European Green Deal for Ukrainian policy”, International NGO “Environment-People-Law”
- Project: “Implementing European nature conservation legislation in Ukraine through the development of the Emerald Network”, NGO “Ukrainian Nature Conservation Group”
- Project: “Promoting Ukraine’s Participation in the European Green Deal in the fields of energy and environment”, NGO “DIXI GROUP”
- Project: “Foreign policy and security sector dimension of Ukraine’s participation in European Green Deal”, NGO Foreign Policy Council “Ukrainian Prism”
For those who have not received financial support this time, the Expert Council of the IRF European Program advises paying attention on, when submitting project proposals for calls:
- Justify that the objectives and activities of the project proposal are formed taking into account the priorities of the European Green Deal;
- Before submitting a project proposal, get acquainted with other, already existing similar projects and products;
- Applicants must demonstrate experience in the field in which they intend to carry out activities under the project proposal; the professionalism of team members and provide letters of support from declared partners or relevant authorities;
- Take into account the amounts of the project budget recommended in the call for proposals and be aware that one of the criteria for decision-making in competing activities in the applications is also the price offer;
- Provide adequate budgets that correspond to the content of the project, planned activities and conditions of the competition;
- Plan to involve partners in the implementation of projects, dissemination of project developments among the public.
The next call for proposal, related to the Green Deal and climate changes theme, will be announced in 2021.
In 2020, the International Renaissance Foundation launched the EU4USociety project with EU financial support. The overall goal of the Project is to strengthen the involvement, sustainability, capacity, relevance and influence of Ukrainian civil society in addressing current domestic, regional and global challenges.