In 2020, the International Renaissance Foundation launched the EU4USociety project with the financial support of the European Union. On these tough days, we join our forces to support Ukrainian volunteers within the new open call for proposals.
The call for proposals aims to help volunteer and veteran associations strengthen and maintain their institutional stability and promote social cohesion, self-organization, mutual assistance, and the restoration of a safe environment in communities.
Who can apply:
- Charitable organizations and non-profit associations that can confirm work experience until 2022 in volunteer assistance to support the military, ATO / Joint Forces Operation veterans, and victims of Russian aggression – civilian residents of frontline areas, internally displaced persons, families of the deceased, etc.
- Charitable organizations and non-profit associations that can confirm the experience of receiving and using charitable contributions through the organization’s accounts with public financial reporting.
We do not support commercial enterprises and organizations, state and municipal institutions, political parties, public authorities, local governments, religious organizations, individuals, and individual entrepreneurs within this call.
Priorities of the call:
Priority №1 – to support volunteers who help individuals and communities in severe danger – at the frontline and in liberated territories (survivors of the occupation).
Priority № 2 – to support volunteers who help individuals and communities in relative safety in the rear, host and support IDPs and other victims of the war.
We can provide support only to organizations operating in the territories/communities under the control of the state authorities of Ukraine (however, the activities may partly relate to assistance to persons who are in the temporarily occupied territories).
Thematic priorities of the call for proposals:
Submitted project proposals must include the activities related to the thematic priorities of this competition (one or more):
- Protection of defenders – volunteer and veteran initiatives, establishing the necessary logistics to deliver the required assistance to the defenders of Ukraine;
- The social cohesion of frontline communities – mutual assistance and self-organization in maintaining public order, basic needs of people, helping the wounded and sick, informing about war-related threats and dangers, evacuations, etc.;
- Restoration and development of a safe environment in communities that have survived hostilities and/or occupation – cooperation between public authorities and activists, support and coordination of local initiatives to restore law and order, livelihoods, and risk reduction, etc.;
- Caring for the families of the victims – both military and civilians;
- Assistance to internally displaced persons who have been forced to leave their homes;
- Other volunteer initiatives aimed at helping victims of the war, strengthening solidarity and preserving humanity in Ukrainian society.
Requirements for the contents of project proposals and budgets:
The project proposal’s budget may not exceed 25% of the total amount of funds raised by the organization from other sources in 2022 or during 2021 (which can be confirmed by publicly available organizations’ financial reports).
The applicators can use the significant parts of the funds to provide institutional support, including ensuring their sustainable operation – particularly by covering costs that collected donations cannot cover. These needs must be included in project proposals’ activities and budget.
Possible grant amount and terms of project implementation:
Minimum grant amount: UAH 250,000.
Maximum grant amount: UAH 750,000.
The total budget of the call is UAH 11,250,000.
Term of project implementation – no more than 6 months.
Procedure for submitting project proposals:
The call for proposals will be conducted in two waves and has two deadlines for submitting project proposals:
The first wave deadline – April 25th (Results announcement – May 6th)
The second wave – May 23rd (Results announcement – June 6th)
Submission of project proposals is carried out by filling out an online application form.
Olha Halchenko, email@example.com
Olha Kvashuk, firstname.lastname@example.org