33 Persons were Awarded the Pallium Ukraine Award for the Development of Palliative Care in Ukraine
The International Renaissance Foundation has been involved in the development of palliative care in Ukraine for more than 10 years. This year activists, particularly from Ivano-Frankivsk, Rivne, Kharkiv, Kyiv, Vinnytsia, at the initiative of the IRF decided to create a Pallium Ukraine Award as a symbol of gratitude to those who contributed to the development and promotion of palliative care in Ukraine. The head of the organizing committee was Anna Kotenko, a representative of the Network 100 Percent Life Rivne.
The awards were presented during the international conference "Practices of Palliative Care in the Eurasian Region", which took place in October 2017 in Ivano-Frankivsk. They were received by 33 conference participants in the following nominations:
- for the development of pediatric palliative care;
- for the development of palliative care: to civil activists and human rights activists;
- for the development of palliative care: to practitioners.
- Olena Temchenko, representative of the Office of the Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights and National Preventive Mechanism team, Ukraine
- Anna Kotenko, Rivne branch of All-Ukrainian Network of People Living With HIV, Ukraine
- Andrii Rokhanskyi, MD, Legal Analitics and Strategies Institute, Ukraine
- Olena Riga, MD, Prof., Kharkiv National Medical University, Ukraine
- Andrei Penkov, MD, President of the Ukrainian-German Medical Asossiation, EUAP, Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Volodymyr Tymoshenko, Eurasian Institute for Drug Policy, Ukraine
- Viktoria Tymoshevska, Public health program International Renaissance Foundation, Ukraine
- Roman Marabian, MD, Chief Doctor of Kharkiv Regional Specialized Orphanages No1 in Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Iryna Kulikova, physician of mobile department of Palliative Care Center in Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
- Galyna Kuznetsova, MD, Chief Doctor of Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Specialized Orphanages in Nadvirna, Ukraine
- Olena Koval, International Renaissance Foundation consultant, Ukraine
- Oleksandra (Lesia) Bratsun, MD, advisor to the Minister of Health of Ukraine
- Rostyslav Derzhypilskii, theater director, director of the play "Oscar and the Lady in Pink", Ukraine
- Roman Melnyk, Director of Health Department of Ivano-Frankivsk Regional State Administration, Ukraine
- Irma Vitovska, Honored Artist of Ukraine, Principle part in the play "Oscar and the Lady in Pink", Ukraine
- Marry Callaway, Open Society Foundations, the USA
- Tetiana Kozak, MD, Chief Doctor of Primary care service center, Chief Doctor of home care team in Uzhorod, Ukraine
- Alla Ivanenko, Regional Hematologist, Head of the department of oncohematology in the Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Children's Hospital
- father Iaroslav Rokhman, Chaplain of the Clinical Center of Palliative Care in Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
- father Sergii Dmytriev, Deputy Chairman of the Synodal Department of Social Service and Charity of the Ukraine Orthodox Church of Kyiv Patriarchate, Executive Secretary of the Commission on Social Services of the All-Ukrainian Council of Churches, Ukraine
- Eduard Gorbatenko, Chairman of the Board of the Vita-Lite Foundation (Mykolayiv Region), Member of the Board of the All-Ukrainian Public Organization "Ukrainian League for the Promotion of Palliative and Hospice Care"
- Iurii Zhogno, Chairman of the NGO «ELEOS"
- Rusia Aseieva, photographer-documentary, volunteer, author of the photo exhibition "The Right to Live Without Pain …"
- Orina Detsyk, Head of Department of Social Medicine, Organization of Health Care and Medical Law, Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, Ukraine
- Maria Shevchenko-Ailen, Director of the Open Palms Foundation, Ukraine
- Sergii Psiiurnyk, Head of Charitable Foundation "Face to face" in Cherkasy, Ukraine
- Anatolii Tsarenko, MD, National Medical Academy of Post Graduate Education named after P. Shupik, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Andrii Palamarchuk, Chief Doctor of the Drohobych District Medical Association, Ukraine
- Liudmyla Andriishyn, Chief Palliative Care Specialist of Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast, Center of Palliative care in Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast, Ukraine
- Nadia Vengryn, Director of the Dubnensky Medical College in Rivne, Ukraine
- father Andree Nagirniak, Head of the Department of Social Affairs of the Patriarchal Curia of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, Vice-President of the International Charity Fund "Caritas Ukraine", Ukraine
- Maria Adamchuk, Charitable Foundation "STOP Cancer", Ukraine
- Tetiana Nicelsen, Ukrainian Association of Pediatric Palliative Care, Ukraine
26 June 2018
Open letter of the International Renaissance Foundation on Murder of a Roma settlement resident in Lviv
Minister of Internal Affairs A.B.Avakov Head of the National Police of...
30 May 2018
Board Member of the International Renaissance Foundation in 2010-2012 and...
30 May 2018
Remarks delivered at the European Council on Foreign Relations in Paris,...
18 May 2018
Author: Mariana Berbec-Rostas